Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dreams do come true...

My sister came home the other day and told me about a lady who was a contestant on the Britian's Got Talent T.V. Show. Her name is Susan Boyle, my sister went on to tell me that she was a very homely woman, who's never been married and never been kissed, but has always had a dream of making it big with her voice. I have to admit that when my sister told me to youtube it, my first reaction from just looking at her was "what is this lady doing on this show! Doesn't she know that she gets buzzed off?" After watching her sing, I was immediately put in my place and was quickly reminded of the saying "don't judge a book by its cover." This amazing woman made me think that what I am passionate about and love doing, I can make it into something big, as long as I don't let others influences get in the way. She mentions on the show that she would love to be as great as Elaine Paige, who is one of my all time favorite singers on Broadway. Love her, love her, love her. And to tell you the truth, Susan Boyle is already there. I guess my point is dreams are only dreams, if you don't ever plan on getting up and doing something with it.

9 comments:

jaesi said...

Oh yes, we have been watching the you tube clips all morning...what a cute lady.

The Barron's said...

that was amazing!
Of course you can do the valentine thing... its fun!

Angeles said...

that was a very sweet post. it was on the news tonight. i was in tears. loved it!!! thanks for sharing.

IONGI FAMILY said...

I LIKE U WAS LIKE WHAT THE..... BUT AS SOON AS SHE OPENED HER MOUTH WOW!!! AMAZING!!!

Kelly said...

I watched that on Youtube! Isn't she sweet?! I was a little sceptical too, but wow! What a lady!

Anonymous said...

she (susan boyle) was amazing!
Oh and yes, there are no stop or yeild signs at that intersection. There are more just like it too. Guess thats what happens in small towns. I hate it cuz I never know what to do.

Talbot Family said...

Every time I watch the clip of Susan singing I cry. First of all Les Miserables, you just can't help but cry, but add her story along with it, more tears.

Erixgirl said...

That lady is so cute. So nice to see someone shock the world! I have to admit, I didn't know who Elaine Page was, I'm out of the loop, haha. Yay for Susan Boyle!

Maren said...

Yeah, bawled through the Susan Boyle clip. Such a reminder of the amazing possibilities that we look over sometimes.