Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Deals for reals...

My ward had a Relief Society activity at the beginning of the month and we talked about Food Storage. One thing that stuck in my head was a thing that a sister mentioned. She said that we should store what we eat and eat what we store. I've had a hard time with that, because what we do like to eat is sometimes too much for our wallets. But they also said that you don't have to get it all at once and to find deals first, before buying it for the regular price. Well I did just that.

Macey's Grocery Store had an Anniversary sale a couple of weeks ago. And the deals the they had were amazing. We got all of this for under $50.00! I was so excited, so I went again and bought more stuff and still spent around the same price.
All of this was just under $45.00
Barilla brand pasta $0.78 each
Fruit Snacks $0.98 each
Brownie Mix $0.58 each
Grandma Sycamore's Bread $1.98
Kool-Aid Bursts $0.58 each
Rosarita Vegetarian Refried Beans $0.89 each
Libby's Vienna Sausages $0.79 each
Shasta 3-liter bottles $0.68 each
Here's the total
We then went to the new WinCo Foods and got all of this, plus more, let's just say that I got 6 completely full carts of groceries and spent under $180.00.
We were blessed to get all of this. Our pantry, refrigerator, freezer and storage room are full of food. I'm so grateful for the awesome deals that we were able to get. I hope that there will be more deals to get. I hope you get some too.

10 comments:

pwincessdi said...

good for u!! I need to stock up, I'm runnin out of shampoo and stuff!! Love all your great finds :)

Sinai said...

Awesome deals!!! I loved that sale at Macey's and also some great deals at Winco too!!!

IONGI FAMILY said...

love great deals!! with ya with the great deals at Winco and Maceys!!!

Ane said...

Great shopping mama! I am lovin' Winco too! I just need to go late at night or early morning when there's no crowds. Thanks for sharing! luv u!

Anonymous said...

Wow, good job! I wish I could buy that stuff, but all I see is a bunch of wheat and red and yellow food dye, none of which we can have :( and they never put the stuff we CAN have on really good sales like that :(

Trish. said...

YAY for you, I need to do the same!

teebird said...

That is so awesome! I need to go and see if they are still having their deals! I love Macey's and love supporting them because they have great service and are closed on Sunday!!!that's a big one for me.
Food is so much more enjoyable when the quality is good but you didn't have to spend a fortune to get it.

coconutmama said...

woohoo! Love the savings!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Loved these sales too! I totally stalked up...which was nice considering my budget! LOL! Yay for sales and food storage! :D

Unknown said...

wow..those were good deals:)