Each Monday night we have Family Home Evening. Like traditional F.H.E.'s, we have opening and closing song and prayer, a lesson, read a chapter of the Book of Mormon and a treat. My hubby and I have been trying to help our son with his testimony, at least getting him to say certain things in the right order. He usually would begin with "in the name of Jesus Christ, I would like to bear my testimony," something like that. So my hubby has been helping him to remember to begin with "I'd like to bear my testimony...." Our son had that down fast, but then it went something like "I'd like to bear my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen." We of course thought it was funny, but we knew that he couldn't always say that. So after more coaching and helping, it finally was down, last Monday, in our F.H.E., when testimony time came it went something like this:
Brian: "O.k., it's testimony time!"
Our son: "It's my turn, mommy and daddy!"
Brian: "Alright, mommy and daddy will help you, o.k.?"
Me: "Repeat after me son, k? I'd like to bear my testimony..."
Our son: "Shhhsh mommy! I do it myself. I like to bear testimony, I know Jesus loves me Amen."

My hubby and I looked at each other and smiled, we knew he knew how to do it and that he could do it by himself. And he did such an awesome job. We're so proud of him. This has taught us that kids watch everything you do and though they may not seem to be paying any attention to you, they really are. This was a mother's pay day!
14 comments:
That is so sweet!
That's really cute. He's really growing up!
It was very cute =)
What a cutie! Both of your kids are so dang cute!
Oh! So cute! Nicky is just starting to repeat prayers with us, and I love it! It's so neat to see little testimonies develop.
Are you as excited for Saturday as I am??
Aw, so precious! You're great parents!
Awww, what a cute little guy! You guys are such good parents to be working with him on that:)
WHAT A SMART KID!!! THATS THE CUTEST IS WHEN THEY CAN SAY IT THEMSELVES!!! PRICELESS!!!
That's such a cute story! I love the idea of sharing testimonies at FHE. We haven't done that yet. Keep up the good work!
That is so cute! I bet it's a lot of fun to watch your children learn, and to know for themselves the love their Savior has for them. That's really neat. Thanks for sharing.
Too cute! I love hearing what comes to their minds, especially when the gospel is concerned.
AAww... the best testimony ever!!
Short and sweet and so powerful! Kids are so amazing!
This is so tender! I hope you had a great birthday. Sounds like a blast. I would have loved to be there!
Post a Comment