...was a blast. Every year my dad's family gets together and has an annual New Year Gala. My dad's oldest brother's family was in charge this year and like every year we have a theme and 2009, the theme was "Be Prepared." In years previous, each of my dad's nine brothers and sisters(and himself, of course) and their families, would have to present a talent to go along with the theme for the night. We usually have at least six months to prepare and polish our talent, because the theme is(most of the time) told to everyone six months or more to get them ready. Well, with this years theme "Be Prepared," they really wanted us to be prepared and they gave us only about a month to prepare anything.
To some, a month would be enough, but when you are performing for a family that has seen, literally, everything your family has done, you kind of want to "wow the crowd" with something new. But like every year, as well, my family delivers and it's a success as always. I must apologize, I didn't get every one of my dad's siblings talent, but here are a few that I did catch on camera.
7 comments:
What a talented family! Looks like a fun get-together.
Love the videos. I love that your dad's family is always doing something fun! Looks like you had a blast!
Looks like fun.
WOW! Your family has amazing talent, but it's no surprise to me because you have always been full of talent! I still remember seeing you do your dance in that beautiful white dress in highschool for everyone at lunch time...AMAZING!!!
You guys really know how to party! Happy New Year my friend!
Thats great! What a fun idea...theme, talent show and all. Theres nothing like family parties!
HOW FUN!!! LOVED THE VIDEOS AND WHAT A BIG FAMILY!!!! VERY TALENTED!! GREAT PARENTS U HAVE THAT THEY SHARE THEIR TALENT WITH EVERYONE!!!
Post a Comment