...I have been thinking for a long while about throwing a class reunion. Granted I graduated in '97 and this would be our twelfth year since. But I didn't go to our five year and there was no ten year in 2007 and no I was in no class office position to help planning the five or ten year reunions. Why am I so inclined in doing so, you may ask? It's because I miss a lot of people who I went to school with. For instance my friend, Nene, I think the last time I saw her was at our graduation commencement and since then, nothing. I ran into her at Wal-Mart and we reminisced about the good old days and then we exchanged numbers and have kept in good contact since. Well, Nene celebrated a fun 30th birthday bash at her best friends home, Amy, who we also went to school with and there we talked more of the good old days.
I couldn't get my mind off of getting something together. So this is it, on paper or at least here it's online, I'm doing it, I'm planning a reunion for the class of 1997. What I may need from you is what ideas you may have to get the ball rolling. So far I have the location, the D.J., but I'm kind of stumped on what food or decorations to plan for. As the planning progresses I'll post some more of what I've got done and what I still need. So wish me luck and hope that this is a success. Winks~~~
11 comments:
I know that I am not technically HHS Alum. but I do miss all the kids I grew up with my whole life only to have my parents move me away my Jr. year. If you do it I would love to come and visit. Facebook has been a fun way to get in touch with a lot of people.
Good luck with everything. It will be a ton of work, but if anyone can do it, you can! You're very good at gathering people together.
Wish I had some ideas...never made it to our reunion in '02. Like what's been said, I'm sure you'll do a great job!!! You are quite the party planner!
what was big in 97? Geez, that was when I got home from my mission. Sounds great but don't forget to involve lots of people so you don't hurt yourself!
Love you!
Hey Christie. I would love to come to a reunion. Good for you for planning one. I hope its a success. Make it as cheap as possible for us who are still poor college students in other states who have to travel :)if you need any help I would love to try and help, from afar...
Heather
When would you do it? I would hope so much that it would be not this summer, but next --mainly because I'm selfish and want to be there. The whole baby thing this summer wouldn't make that possible.
I could give you an earful about what I think about the people who completely dropped the ball without a care for our ten year reunion --because I'm pretty sure that means they won't be putting together a reunion EVER. Sad.
I don't know if Classmates or whatever that website is could be of any help, but Ash is right about Facebook. Seems like everyone in the world is on there except for me. I'm sure you will find people there willing to help who are closer geographically than I am. Let me know if you need any brainstorming sessions.
I think location will have a lot to do with decorations and food.
If anyone can pull off a party like that it would be you Christie! Good luck! Sounds like fun:)
I am eacited that your are wanting to do this. What are you thinking so far? Anyway e-mail me and we can chat about it. Lpoulsen@amfam.com.
: ),
Leona
You go girl....I may need your tips, I was the president of the Drill Team my senior yr... Class of 2000 baby!!! But I want to do some type of Drill Reuion, my problem is ...I have no idea where to START???
Good Luck sis.
Call me if I can be of any assistance????
I wish I was creative! I have my mind on this big undertaking Jon and I are involved in, and getting creative ideas rolling for that alone has been interesting! Let's just say it's a good thing I married a man that has good ideas and inspiration for this exciting thing we are a part of. love ya Christie and good luck!
Oh my goodness how cute is this!!! You are an amazing woman to keep posted like this! I have to say Chris, don't worry about her hair, I didn't have hair til I was 8 and my one and only daughter still hasn't had her first hair cut! :)
Love ya! Britt
Post a Comment