Monday, July 21, 2008

Moments like these...

My uncle started a marching band some umteen years ago and has had the band involved with the Pioneer Day Parade. Each year they would march in the grand parade, until my uncle passed away several years ago and not too long after that his wife passed away. It was then that their kids thought it would be well for everyone to not continue. I think after a few too many complaints of not having the band play in the parade every year, my cousin, Sunia, announced that the band will start up this year. And of course, everyone was more than willing to buy, rent, barrow whatever instrument they can get, to participate in the band. Do you blame them? I don't. There are dancers involved too. I am a vetran dancer and have retired my dancing hips to mommy hips. My hubby and I have gone to the band practices to see how they are doing as a band and as dancers and our son could not get enough of the drum line. He cried the first two times we went to practice, cause he wanted to play the big base drum and the only time it was available, was when practice was over. So we or I should say, my hubby thought it would be well to bring his little tikes drum from home, for him to play and play he did. Click on the photo below and you'll see how fun it is.

Believe me, we know what we are in for. But it's so much fun to see what things our kids are in to. Like in the next photo, our daughter surprised us with this cute little number. My mom came home last night with a huge chocolate cake from my nieces baptism celebration. And our little angel thought that it was her birthday or Christmas or something, cause she attacked it like nothing I've ever seen. With moments like these, who can not have a smile put on their face?

...and the winner is, Whitterbug!!!...

... or when she is a basket case...

... love it when he eats his vegetables...
... when she learns to drink from a straw...
... excuse me, do you have your drivers license?...
... nothing can be cooler than fast cars...
... who doesn't love moments like this?...
... and moments like this, are priceless...

...wouldn't trade it for the world!

4 comments:

Aly said...

You have such beautiful children!!! And there is just nothin' better than being a momma wathing them grow up and discovering what they love!!!

Aly said...

I meant "watching" them...NOT wathing them:)

Tanya said...

that last picture is the best! and the one in the laundry basket, she has this shy little smile. so cute!

Talbot Family said...

I have to admit the pictures had me chuckling out loud. You had the greatest dancing hips ever and I am sure that those mommy hips do as good of a job. I always loved looking for you in the parade. Good luck to the band!