Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ode to sweet T.P....

It's been a crazy week already. Yeah, I know it's only Tuesday, but our little family has been hit hard with things we wouldn't ever wish on our own enemies. But when we can let everyone know what's going on, I'll post it as soon as I can. Anyways, with all the junk that has been thrown our way, we've needed or at least I've need a reason to smile. And thanks to our dear sweet neighbors, Douglas and Whitney, I have. My hubby and I found this, this morning.

I think it's hilarious and sad at the same time. Hilarious, because it's only this one tree in the front of our home that is T.P.'d. And sad, because T. P. in my home or in my opinion is a precious commodity. Of course when I was younger, T.P.-ing was a not in my mind of cost, it was a thing that everyone else did and had to do. Especially to the ward bishopric and the young men's and young women's presidencies homes. It was a great and fun time and looking back, it still makes me smile. However, now it's no question, if there is a little bit of food left, I am o.k. to throw it away. But T.P., in my book, cannot be wasted. Why?, you may ask. Because when my hubby and I were engaged, the department I was working for, threw me a grocery bridal shower and funny as it may seem, my hubby and I registered for T.P.. I know, it's crazy, but a girlfriend of mine said that that was the best thing she and her hubby registered for. So my hubby and I thought, why not? Anyways, we thought whatever happens, happens. When the day of the shower arrived, we were blessed to receive so much from everyone. We were given ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies, cakes, brownies, soups, casseroles, we were given recipe books, grocery store gift cards and office supplies, it was an endless blessing of gifts. But the best thing, I think we received, were two cases of T.P. from another department I used to work in. Not that everything else was wonderful, but come on T.P.? Who wouldn't love it? Someone I used to work with in that department, saw our registry and said, "Christie, I couldn't stop laughing and think to myself, what a great thing to register for." Then at our wedding reception, another department that I had worked with, saw the same thing on our registry and bought another case for us. So in the end we had three cases of T.P. and didn't have to buy a new roll or package for a year and a half. When we finally ran out and had to purchase a new package, we were blown away at how expensive it can be or is. And when you really think about it, T.P. is literally money flushed down the toilet. Just food for thought. Love T.P..

4 comments:

Henry & Becky Williams said...

Hey Sweetie...if there is anything I can do for you...PLEASE let me know!!! I love you and want to help if I can.

Anonymous said...

Christie--great seeing u yesterday at football. You didn't seem like your normal bubbly self. Hope all is well and if there is anything I can do let me know. U need to coupon shop 'cause you can get tp for FREE or dirt cheap! Hope things brighten up for ya! Ofas-sinai

Nene said...

TP is SO expensive! I have been buying the commercial type stuff from Costco, it's all individually wrapped - but cheaper than brand name and has more rolls. My hub just laughs at me, but it's worth it! Hope your week gets better! I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers.

Talbot Family said...

Isn't it funny how you value such different things when you are grown. It feels like we are always buying TP. I can't imagine wasting that kind of money to decorate someones yard.