Thursday, August 7, 2008

Nothing is still a blessing...

I posted previously about junk happening in our little family. I think we are o.k. in letting others know on what's going on. This may be a little T.M.I.. So if you don't want to read on it's fine. My body is in a lot of pain and it's not a continual pain. I can be doing great for a few hours and then be in pain for next few hours. I thought it was just menstrual pain from having my monthly cycle. But it wasn't my time of the month. The pain was in my pelvic and lower back areas, then I found that I started spotting.

I went to my gynecologist and after pap smear and blood tests, they found nothing. As days passed, the spotting got worse, as well as the pain. I started having full on discharge of blood, mind you it's still not my time of the month. Now, wearing a pad all day I went to the doctor's and they couldn't find anything wrong. But she told me that she wanted me to have a vaginal ultrasound done. I know, gross. But it had to done. They did another pap test and with the ultrasound, they found that I have tumors in my ovaries. More tests were done of course and all that was going through my head, was ovarian cancer. My doctor said that I have to keep my head up and be positive, whether the outcome would be.

I've been in for more tests and they still haven't found anything. I feel like I'm at a dead end, I wish that they could find something, good or bad. It's more difficult, when your told "we can't find anything." I'll take that as a blessing, times like this, it's always better to hear there's nothing than hearing "you need to come in with your husband." If anyone hears those words, it's never good news.

Please know that physically, I am o.k., I can still move around fine. I do have pain still, some days are better than others. But I thank my Heavenly Father for looking over me and allowing me the blessing to dance with my kids. I cry a lot, thinking of the "what ifs?," then I'm reminded everything is great, when my son kisses me on the cheek and says "mommy dance!" I want to thank you for your prayers and your loving comments. I often read them, to help me smile. I know everything will be just fine, because of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Knowing that the end doesn't happen here on earth, but it can go on after and forever. My family is forever. I think the biggest worry I have is if the worst does happen, how will my hubby handle it? And how quick will he be in finding another someone special? I know, I shouldn't think about it. But I don't think I'm the only one, who thinks about those kinds of questions.

Oh well, I joke with my hubby a lot about it though. I say that if he is really quick on marrying again, I'll haunt him, but if he just waits, I would be on the other side preparing that woman for him. He always says to me, "honey, if something happens to you, which it won't, I'm going to be a widower for the rest of my life." I love him so much.

I guess my message to you, who read this, is dance when you get the opportunity, smile when no one else is and always have a thankful heart that you love someone and that you are loved.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're handling this really well. It's so scary to have a medical problem and not get any answers. Hopefully it will just clear up, and you'll be fine and dandy. In the meantime, I prescribe lots of ice cream (non-vegan, of course) and Cafe Rio.

Tanya said...

wow, that's alot to handle! but i'm glad for your optimistic message. keep us all posted on any news, but like you said sometimes good news is no news:) let us know if we can d anything, but i think the treatment of cafe rio and ice cream should keep your spirits up:)

Nene said...

I know exactly what you are going through. I have been "sick" for a few years now, and all they can find is something called "Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease". It's a precursor to lupus, so some day down the road I may have another diagnosis, but for now all I have is the UCTD, which in reality is, "we have no idea what is wrong with your odd body, just that you have a positive test for ANA antibodies." Then why do I feel so tired, why is my blood pressure off the charts, why can't I sleep, why, why, why with NO answers. But at the end of the day I have two little boys (and one big one) who adore me and make the pain go away with one word, kiss, or smile. You sound like me, thinking about the what-if's of the future. I already have my funeral planned! Lots of gaudy, tacky, hot pink everywhere. Loud and obnoxious just like me. And I've told my hub that whomever he remarries MUST let my boys have ice cream for breakfast whenever the mood may strike them. Hang in there and keep us posted!

p.s. I adore my gyno, if you want a second or third opinion. He was my second opinion regarding my hysterectomy and was able to do the surgery laproscopic, which was a blessing. Plus he's really thorough, more so than the few other gyno's I have seen, very into stats and even gave me his cell to call after my surgery if I had questions or concerns. Wow - longest post ever! I'm praying for you!!! Let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Christie. I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on. I really hope that everything is ok. You have been blessed so much.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

I had no idea? I am so sorry to hear that, let me know if there is anything I can do to help...even with the wedding or your kids?

Hopefully it's just a false alarm and all will be well...hang in there and call if you need anything.

Marie ;)

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

I'm sorry that you have to go through this. I hope they can give you some answers soon and that it will be good news! We'll be praying for you!

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

Chris, I had no idea. I am sorry about all the stress, and worry and pain that you have been in. I love you loads and loads, and please know that another person has been added to those already praying for you! I love you, let me know if there is anything I can do, maybe I can bring you cookies for a change!

Aly said...

Those are scary times, our family know TOO well! You know the story of my brother and his son, so I won't go into that.

A few years ago I had a questionable tumor on my back (about the size and length of my pinky). They wanted to get it out to find out what it was. Four golf ball size tumors later it turned out to be nothing:)

The waiting was definately so difficult, so I know exactly how you feel! I had all of those same thoughts and then some. I even informed my Chuck and Amy that they were to be married if I was to pass (I had it all planned for them)! I was so scared for my kids and who would take care of them. It all turned out fine for us and I was cancer free...now I just have really huge life insurance policies for us both, so Chuck could come home and take care of the kids if he had to (since Amy went and got married that plan went down the drain:)

Anyways, I love you and I WILL pray for you. I am so sorry that you are going through this and I hope that they can figure it out and get you all better! Hug those kids and get some rest when you can. Put your faith in our Heavenly Father, I know that he will get you through whatever this may or may not be. God bless.

Missy said...

Oh, Christie, that's so scary. I hope they find out what is causing you so much pain and I hope everything will be ok! Love you!

Jen said...

Last Saturday was just a hectic day. Usually we sit around thinking we should clean the house or something, but we decide to watch TV instead. See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Christie, I have been meaning to call you about the results...I'm glad you put this on your blog, I have been thinking about this every since you told me you went in the first itme. I really hope that they can figure this thing out. There are a lot of crazy things happening lately and it's just a reminder to me that it is truly the "sign of the times." Just a few days ago a good friend of mine I knew in high school passed away from cancer he'd been battling for some time. He went to missouri to see his sister get married and passed away the night before she was sealed. The funeral is this Saturday. He was an awesome guy and I was proud to have known him. I know the Lord probably needed him more on the other side for missionary work. Sorry, I don't mean for that to scare you, I'm sure everything will be fine with you. But it's like you said; life is too precious, it's not something we can afford to take for granted.

Talbot Family said...

Girl stuff sucks. Really, our parts only work sometimes and half the time they end up capable of killing us. Guys have it so easy. I will certainly be keeping you in our prayers. I hope that they get a diagnosis soon.

Lynsie said...

Good luck with everything! You'll be in my prayers my friend. Please let me know if you need anything.

The Barron's said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea... you are in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything... please!!!! Take Care, Love ya! Ang

Lauri said...

I had no idea all this was going on. We'll be praying for you! I'm glad to hear that so far they haven't found anything. But if anyone can pull through this, you can! Keep up your great attitude!