Sunday, August 17, 2008

Two weddings and a bridal shower...

As I had mentioned before, my brother got engaged late June and about a week ago, he and the love of his life, were sealed for time and all eternity. It was a great celebration, in which they had the night before they were sealed. We had music, dancing and a lot of food. My mom thought it would be fun to incorporate the "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" wedding tradition in the program. The "something old" was a Hawaiian hula, that my sisters and I have done for years and most everyone has seen us do.

The "something new," was my brother Fui, singing Michael Buble's "My Everything." It's new to most, because everyone has or is used to Peter singing, but we needed something new and there you have it, Fui singing and the kid is good.

Our "something borrowed," I didn't get a picture of(sorry!). But it was another Hawaiian hula that my sister, Lupe, and my cousin Ana performed. It was borrowed from the Polynesian Cultural Center. I guess I can say that.

But the "something blue," was my siblings and I clogging to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia." Why something blue? Well my mom thought it would be funny to say that this was our something blue, because we haven't clogged for the longest time and when it was time to do so, our eyes or our whole body might have been turning blue. I think I did. I was in the worst pain during and after, because of my girly stuff. I felt like all of my insides were going to fall right out. But for all of you who perform on stage, know that you keep smiling, until you are off the stage. Yes, I survived and the party went on.

The next day, they were sealed. The sealer gave great council to my brother and his wife, but I know it was also for everyone who was in attendance. My favorite council he gave were the 5 C's. Communication, Commitment, Conserve, Courtship, Consecration. The day turned out beautiful, sunny yet overcast, which made it for a "not so glistening day." Which for me, means a great day for picture taking.

The Newlyweds

Our future camera man

My family

The little flower girl

Marie, Nii and me

Later that evening we were invited to a bridal shower for my nephew's fiance, Tema. She is the cutest thing. My aunt, Tupou, was at the shower and gave her this little number.

In which had to be my favorite. For those who know me, wouldn't be surprised. No I don't have a lot of "hush-hush clothes." But I love giving it. I didn't give her any, because I thought she's my nephews fiance, and I had to keep a sense of decency, so I made her a towel wedding cake. She loved it and that was good enough.

Here are my nieces, the sisters and first cousins of the groom, the bride-to-be, my sister and I.

Taina, Lose, Tema, Selita, Nii, me, Kaneata, Lita and Nini

The other wedding I was able to attend, was my Palangi(Caucasian) brother, Tyler and his beautiful wife, Bree. They were married during the week, so it made for a great reason to celebrate. And that we did.

Tyler and Bree

more wedding pictures can be seen here

Here I am with one of my best friends, Britt. Shaking what our mama's gave us.

My brothers, Ben and Shaun, dancing with their favorite kind of partner. One who says nothing.

My other brother, Brad and his girlfriend, Shelley. With their rendition of the paso doble.

Britt and I still shaking it like a Polaroid picture.

And my youngest brother, Kyle, thinking "what now?"

The result of a good night dancing your shoes right off.

And Britt's little Nicklaus, ready for his feet close-ups.

I just had to take one snap. So cute!

Shaun, Kyle, Ben, me, Tyler and Brad

Their parents adopted me when I was primary age and I have always been a "daughter/sister," to them and they have always been a close part of my life and family. I will always love them as my own.

I had to get a snap shot of the love of my life and me.

7 comments:

Aly said...

I loved that post Christie! Sooo FUNNY! Looks like your last week has been VERY eventful! That is awesome, all of that dancing you did! I'm sorry you're still not feeling well:( Those were all such fun pictures! You guys sure know how to party!!

Lynsie said...

Wow you've had a busy week! Those pictures are great, and were a lot of fun to look at. I hope everything will turn out okay with your girl pains, and I hope that they can figure out what is going on soon, so your mind can be put at ease. The unknown is so hard to deal with sometimes. Keep us posted. I didn't know you clogged by the way... next girls night out, I think you should show us your skills! :-)

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Being with your family/extended family is the best! I love the dancing pictures, reminds me of all the receptions from the singles ward...long long ago!

Talbot Family said...

That is one busy day! I loved the wedding pictures, but especially that little white thing your niece was holding. Woo hoo baby. I so want to see you clog. You need to post a video clip. Such a cute family.

Lauri said...

What a weekend! Peter and Luisa made such a gorgeous couple. I was so happy for them. I'm very sorry, though that we missed that program. Looks like it was a lot of fun. What can you do when your 2 year old loses it?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posted my sweaty armpit picture on the internet!!!!

Ane said...

Lookin' beautiful Christie! What a cute pix of you two!

Love you!