Like my in-laws ladies night, the ladies on my dad's side have wanted to have a ladies night for the longest time and finally it happened. We had a barbecue potluck. Thanks to my hubby, the meat was scrumptious. My cousins, nieces and aunt brought yummy stuff like potato chips, fresh corn on the cob, soda and dessert. Don't even get me started on that. O.k., I'll tell you anyways. My uncle Pita's girls brought pumpkin chocolate cookies, mint and regular brownies, my cousin, Marie, made the most delicious peanut butter chocolate brownies I've ever had. Oh my it was good!! And my cousin Rose and aunt Tofi brought a very pretty and very tasty fruit pizza. We were in food heaven.
Hola, Sini, Lancey, Lupe, Selita, Sinai, me, Nini,
Marie, Kalo, Lome, Kalo, Ana, Oti, Tofi,
Milika, Betsy, LeAnn, Rose, Liuma and Salote
All in all, we had such a great time. We first told each other jokes, in which I thought I was THE comedian of the family, but I was quickly demoted by my cousin Hola. The joke telling didn't last very long, so we went around telling each other our most embarrassing moments and I thought that no one could top mine, but there were a few that I thought, WOW, my moments weren't as bad the others. Needless to say, I believe we burned off all the food we ate, just by laughing it all off.
I have the best family ever, hands down. Sorry to tell you the truth, but I do. I have over fifty cousins, over one hundred nieces and nephews(it's a Tongan thing). We are so close too, sometimes it's scary how well we know each other, but overall I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you ladies, we'll see you next month.
5 comments:
I think you better post your most embarrassing moment!
How fun! You are such a sweet girl, and have so many wonderful friends and family:)
P.S. Awesome yard sale finds!!!
i found your blog
I've said it before, but you tongans know how to party! Looks like a fun night and I love when you get together and just laugh!
Yay for laughing away calories! My favorite way to burn them! Yay for yummy food! and Yay for family! It sounds like you all had a blast!
Post a Comment