Monday, September 1, 2008

Six things...

I was tagged by Britt.

The Rules:

1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Um, where do I start? I'm pretty spectacular! Oh you didn't know? Well that's what I keep telling myself. Oh, I know I was suppose to post 6, but I have 7 unspectacular quirks, sorry I just had to put the last one on.

1. Feet are my LEAST favorite thing in the world. Yes, even my own two are not something I like to look at or talk about. I think they are GROSS!!! They are ugly and sometimes, believe it or not, stinky, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, bless you! I know feet are a blessing, we walk, run, jump and dance on them and I do count them as a blessing that I have both of mine. However, I just don't think that there is anything in the world that can make feet prettier or more appealing. I also think Heavenly Father knew what he was doing, making feet so far away from peoples eyes and noses. Thank goodness for socks and shoes.

2. I hold in my sneezes. So when I do sneeze, it's like a squeak or a "ah-hmph" sound rather than an "ah-choo" sound. I've sneezed like that my whole life. I've tried the "ah-chew" version and don't really care for it. My friend once told me, after hearing one of my sneezes, that I should let it out, instead of holding it in, because someone he knew did the same thing and they blew a hole in their esophagus and had to have it operated on. I'm trying not to hold it in, but most of the time I can't. Some old habits just won't go away.

3. I am sometimes afraid of the dark. Please do judge me! O.k. I've had this phobia since I was young(about 10 years old), my bedroom had no windows. It was either have my own room, that had no windows or share with my sister in a room with windows. So can you blame me for not wanting to share? Anyways, I hated how dark it was in the room. I found a Winnie the Pooh lamp at a yard sale for one dollar and bought it for my room. Since then I had to have a light or the T.V. on in my bedroom, whether or not I have a window.

4. I love chicken caesar salads! Ask my closest girlfriends and they'll tell you it's true. For our girls night out, where ever we go, it's usually a ccs that I get. Sorry I'm a traditional girl and I'm pretty easy to please as long as I get that kind of salad. My girlfriends will tell you that I'm a bit boring with my food choice, but I know what I like and I'm one happy mama when I have it.

5. Speaking about food, I'm a big sweet and salty eater. I mean at the same time. It may sound gross to you. But I love eating something salty like Cheetos and something sweet like Grandma's Fudge Chocolate Chip Big Cookie in the same session. O.k. you want a picture? I love to take a bite of cheetos and then take a bite of the fudge chocolate chip cookies. You're probably thinking, o.k. that's not a great picture to think about, but if you like cheetos and you like Grandma's fudge chocolate chip big cookies, I guarantee that you will love it together. It's a perfect balance of both worlds.

6. I refuse to share drinks with others. Not even my hubby or our kids. Cause floaties are just wrong. Why I don't share with my hubby? I don't know why, I just have a phobia sharing my drink, yes even with him. If he or someone else takes a sip out of my cup, they can for sure keep that drink for themselves and if they don't, that drink will be thrown away. I know, I'm a waister, but I can't and won't do it.

7. I absolutely hate instant mashed potatoes. They have to be real potatoes or no way.

You're it: Sonja, Marie, Cheyenne, Missy, Nene, Ashley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate instant mashed potatoes, too. A lot of people think that the church ones are good, but I even hate those. Sure, I'll eat them when my food storage is my only option, but until then, they gotta be REAL!!

Maren said...

Blew a hole in the esophagus? That must have been one serious sneeze.
I should probably be a little more scrupulous about who I share my drinks with. I reached a point in my life where I was like, "Come one, come all --if I know you and you aren't sick or dirty-- and have a bite or a sip!" I'm starting to get grossed out when my daughter takes a sip, though, because the floaties...ick.
The feet thing. I am so with you.

Aly said...

Christie! I LOVE all of your quirks! I am with ya on the sweet and salty thing, I will definately try that one:) And I am TERRIFIED of the dark!!!

Talbot Family said...

I am so with you on several of those. Love the chicken ceasar salads, and kettle corn is one of my favorite foods. Feet, Ugghh.