Yesterday we celebrated Veterans Day. Honestly, my family never really did anything, but go and maybe spend some time with my hubby's father, he being a Vietnam War Veteran. And that's usually it for that holiday. This year, was very different. I never knew about any type of parade or gathering close by our home, other than the Veterans Day concert, held at the University of Utah Huntsman Center. But today, like I said was even better for us. My brother, Eric, plays for the school band. He was so excited to participate in this event, that he would constantly remind us about it. Well my sister had the day off, so she and I decided to check this parade out. We did more than check it out, we witnessed a beautiful array of men and women who've fought or are still in active service for you and I. There are no words to express my sincere gratitude for the sacrifice they've made and are still making to make sure you and I and our families are free. I'm especially grateful for this beautiful country that we live in and the great opportunities and freedoms we have. I, with my family, are very proud to be Americans!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
7 comments:
I wish we could have done something like that yesterday! My munchkins have been sick so we read a heartwrenching story and watched an emotional tribute on youtube. Your day looks a lot more festive and appropriate.
I can't believe how old Eric is!
GREAT pictures!!! What an amazing parade - we will have try to go next year. The pic of your little guy with his hand on his heart holding the flag is priceless!
How cool is that!! I'm sure that michael liked the fire fighter, cops and the military with him waving to everyone. How cute!!
Well I'm glad you took pictures cause I wish I was there to see Eric. He looked good but did he play good that's the question? Let me know.
Love ya,
Lupe
How cool is that!?!
We have a big parade here also, its like the fourth biggest in the US. We missed it also. I'm telling you, next year!
I couldn't have said it better myself! I always enjoyed participating in the veteran's day concert in high school. Its cool you got to go and see the parade,too.
Amen! We are so blessed to live in the USA. My sisters husband is Afghanistan right now and I just think of the amazing sacrifices that others do for us and I am so humbled! My sister has a saying up on her wall that says "Land of the Free Because of the Brave." How lucky we are huh?
Post a Comment