Thursday, November 6, 2008

Region Volleyball, here we come...

I serve as the Young Womens Sports Coach in my ward. I need to start by saying that at first I was a bit reluctant at accepting it. Why? It's because anyone who really knows me, knows that I'm usually the one who was picked last to play on anyones team. Oh, I love playing, I'm just not that great. I have an older sister, who like me, loves the game of volleyball or basket ball, but she and I are a burger short of a happy meal. Our younger sister, who is a six foot tower, she stole all of the sports talent from us. At least that's what my older sister and I like to think. My hubby was the Young Mens Sports Coach in our previous ward, which he did a really good job, he plays all sports, soccer, football, basketball, all of it and the man is good. While he would coach though, I would get so frustrated watching them play, that I would call my hubby on the cell, he being on the sideline and tell him which kid needed to be where. Well, after he and I moved to our home now, I would say to him, that there would be no way that I would be a coach for the young women, because I'm not good at any sport. I'll say it differently now, where the Lord needs you, that's where you should be. I love my calling, getting to know all the girls and seeing them improve in so many ways. I'm even more blessed to have these awesome girls in my life. They make me laugh and want to be a better person each day.

My Champion Girls

Rachel, Whitney, Jessica, Bethany, Lauren, Becky, Tilomai & Mariel

YOU GO GIRLS!!! You are all THE BEST!

10 comments:

Nene said...

You go girl! You've gotta be proud of yourself on this! :)

Anonymous said...

good luck to you & the girls! I wouldn't even know where to start as a coach. I'm glad that you realize how you're being blessed by accepting this calling:)

Missy said...

That looks like so much fun! I really miss church sports...they don't do any church sports where we live!
I bet the girls have so much fun with you!

Meet the Queen said...

I agree, that looks like so much fun!. And I love the picture you have on your page, it's a great shot of you and your hubby.

Anonymous said...

Were those pictures taken at Cafe Rio??

~~*MeLinda*~~ said...

Awww, I love your comments! It's refreshing to know that I am not the only one out there...LOL!!! I totally feel ya, I know that with every new leader there are good and bad opinions, but that's what makes all of us...US...our differences...and Tom and I have been saying for a while now that there is a reason that our church leaders have been stressing stengthening the family and such...THEY KNOW...we may have a few hard yrs ahead of us, but Our Heavenly Father will be there for us.....

How funny is it that I was the YM Sports director for our ward...I got released about 1 month after I had Masi...but I feel ya, I played sports in high school and I still was a little reluctant to accept...maybe it was fear, but after I did enjoy it and although most of our girls did not like sports...i enjoyed just being a part of the YM program and watching these young ladies come into their own....it is a true blessing to be a part of....

dang girl, we comment each other sooo much, we just need to get together sometime!

thanks again for all your sweet comments--Luv me

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say that you are a burger short of a happy meal...maybe fries ha ha j/k. You are awesome at sports and I can say that because I've seen you play. I love the pictures, and I'm sure that they love having you as their coach.

Trish. said...

Oh please girl, just by your gene pool you are automatically good! It is so true, whom the Lord calls he qualifys! You'll do well! Good Luck to you all!!

coconutmama said...

Fun! You know they say those who cant do, teach right? Looks like you're a great teacher! How fun!

Aly said...

I bet those girls just absolutely adore having you as their coach! You are too much fun to be around!!

The Halloween costumes look great! Too cute!