Saturday, November 8, 2008

Until we meet again...

To those of you who do don't like sad stories or traumatic situations, please don't scroll down. The photos below aren't too graphic, but they are heart breaking. My moms side had recently received news from Tonga, that two of my first cousins, Francis and Maile(brothers), were in a vehicle with four other guys and the driver going too fast, lost control of the wheel and the SUV crashed into a tree, killing five out of the six guys. Two of them being my cousins. They were only 19 and 17 years of age. It's truly a humbling, yet heart wrenching experience to have to go through, mostly because their dad, who is my moms younger brother also died in a very similar situation. Both boys were so smart, talented and handsome young men. Francis had just graduated from Liahona High School and was just about to turn in his mission papers. Maile was a senior this year and was do to graduate in June. I hurt for my mom, because she is always telling me and my siblings that if she could trade places, she would. She says that she has lived her life and she can't even fathom how young they were and how much they had to give to the world and now they are in with Jesus. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ continues and that it is what I rely on, mostly, to help me cope. I am so grateful for my husband, our kids, my parents and brothers and sisters and wonderful in-laws. I am mostly grateful to have the sealing ordinance that seals my family forever. This isn't the end, but the beginning. I know I'll be able to see my two handsome cousins again. I love you Francis and Maile!
Here is a photo of the car.
Francis died instantly. Maile was rushed to the emergency room and just passed away Thursday. Here are a couple of pictures of both of them.
Francis
MaileI know you're watching over us. Ofa Lahi Atu!

16 comments:

Lauri said...

My heart is with you and your family. That truly is a tragedy. We are so lucky to have the gospel to help us through such situations. We love you!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Lini's mom was telling us about this but it is so sad to see the pictures, oh, how young they were...we are so blessed to have the gospel.

Thanks for posting this.

Nene said...

Oh I am so so sorry! Tragic but assuring because families are forever!

Lynsie said...

Oh Christie, I am so sorry for your families loss. They look like great young men, and I'm sure they are fulfilling a great mission in the Spirit World. We are so lucky to have the gospel of Jesus Christ. Loosing loved ones is such a difficult thing to go through, and knowing that families are forever and that life does not end with death helps make it a little bit easier to cope with the heartache and pain. Please let us know if you need anything. My heart breaks for your family, and you will be in our prayers.

Trish. said...

C,
Hey my dear sorry to you and yours for the lost of these handsome young men. Truly the Lord has a plan for them. Who's boys were these? Let us know if we can do anything. Love and Prayers,
T and famili

IoaneandShawni said...

Sorry to hear about what happened! Keilyn came over last night and told me the story. How sad! The Lord must have needed the both of them on the other side. Your family will be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Oh Christie I am so sorry to hear of your cousins. My heart goes out to your family, especially to your Aunt who is having to deal with all of this.

The Barron's said...

Christie, I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. How comforting the gospel is. It is great to hear your testimony through this experience. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I got to know Maile really well, Francis only seen him thru pictures. I will forever miss you Maile, God be with you till we meet again.

Love you so much,
Lupe

Aly said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the deep sorrow and pain this kind of tragedy causes -- and glad to know that you have the gospel and that you and your family have that wonderful comfort from our Father through His Comforter. I hope you will be able to feel that peace come and that your Auntie will be comforted and feel His love also.

Danny & Jenn said...

Hi Christie! Thanks so much for finding our blog and sending us a note! It was so good to hear from you. I was so sorry to read about your cousins. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. In this world and life of so many changes, we are grateful to have the gospel that is always constant to cling to. Let's try to get together soon! Love, Jenn*

Danny & Jenn said...

Hi Christie! Thanks so much for finding our blog and sending us a note! It was so good to hear from you. I was so sorry to read about your cousins. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. In this world and life of so many changes, we are grateful to have the gospel that is always constant to cling to. Let's try to get together soon! Love, Jenn*

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

It's so sad that they were so young! Our prayers are with your family.

coconutmama said...

So sorry to hear about this! We are truly blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel. Our thoughts & prayers go out to your family. Ofa atu.

Talbot Family said...

Oh so sad. I am very sorry for your loss. Isn't it great that we have the gospel and the knowledge that we will be together again.