Monday, June 16, 2008

Daddy's day...

We had a bit of an overwhelming weekend, our daughter turning one and Father's Day was all tied into one and spread apart at the same time. Doesn't make sense? O.k., here it is, my hubby didn't want anything for daddy's day and said that he just wanted to celebrate it with our daughters birthday. Well I could do that of course, but I couldn't stop there. We did give him a gift on the actual holiday, a bag full of his favorite treats, but he always talked about going to have a picnic somewhere, just us and the kids. So that's what we are going to do, we are stealing him away to catch a flick and eat out this weekend, he does know that we are going to a movie, but doesn't know about the dinner thing and if he finds out, it's o.k., we are going to set up a fun little picnic at the park and have his favorite vegan dish, drink and dessert. I know it's late, but I think it can be made up. I just hope we can express how much we love him, probably won't happen, but we have all of eternity to do so. Love you honey/daddy!!!

2 comments:

Nene said...

That shirt is hilarious!

Talbot Family said...

It is true, real men do wear pink. John has a great pink tie he wears to church in honor of his baby girl. Go Pink!