Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our beautiful princess is 1...

Whit's first birthday portrait
Our beautiful baby turned the big 1! We had a little birthday luau for her and it was a success. Thanks to many loving family and friends. I do have to admit, that when we first planned this little shindig, I thought it wasn't going to be very good, cause I will say it, I planned everything alone, the food, the activities and the favors, all of it! Everytime I would bring up the subject "birthday" to my hubby, he would change the subject immediately. It wasn't until a couple of days before her birthday, I asked my hubby if he had gotten a few things for the party that I had asked him to get and he said "oh, I forgot." And I broke down and started to cry and then I said to him, "do you not want the party to go on?, cause I can contact everyone and tell them that it has been canceled." About an hour later, he came in the house with all that I asked him to get and then he said to me(with watery eyes), "I'm so sorry, honey, I'm having a really hard time excepting the fact that my babygirl is turning a year old." He's such a softy. But the day came and it was beautiful and warm and the food turned out great and the kids had a wonderful time. That was our whole purpose, to make sure the kids would have a blast. We had a few kiddie pools, a crazy sprinkler, a couple of blow up bouncers and a piniata. I need to thank our Heavenly Father for answered prayers, cause I did ask for a lot of help with this event and He was there. Below are some photos for you to enjoy.

The party...

The cake
My girlfriend, Aly, makes the most beautiful cakes. After seeing a few of her masterpieces, I had to get her to make one for our baby and I made the best choice, as you can see. Isn't it georgous?
Thank you so much, Aly!!! We loved it!

So of course the doll cake was for our baby, herself. My hubby's family has a tradition, that at each childs first birthday, they get their own cake to eat and there is of course another cake for everyone else to have, so we ordered one from the store. Our kids love the Disney movie, Lilo and Stitch, so I couldn't resist getting the kit and cake ordered for her birthday luau. It looked and tasted perfect.



My hubby popped a water balloon on Britt, so she decided to get even, and that she did. She wanted to get the cake square in his face, but he turned his head and here is what he got, yes all in the ear, he is still cleaning icing out of his right ear.

We bought this cardboard cutout and had a ton of fun with it...

My hubby & I
Our babies











The birthday girl & daddy
Britt & Scotty











Jenny & Dan
Princess Rose & Fui












Aunt Becky & Uncle Henry
Auntie Tofi & Monai











Liane & Tom
Darla & Mark












Aunt Kim & Uncle Duke
Prim & Tala











Tanya & Cody
Tasia & Larkin












To all those who helped make this possible, we need to thank you all for everything, the place where we had it, the setup, the preparation and cooking of the food and the cleaning:

  • My parents
  • Chris, Charla & Landon
  • Scotty, Britt & Nicky
  • My brothers & sisters
And to everyone who was able to be there, we love you all so much and thank you for coming and for the gifts, she loved opening them. We definitely know that we are truly loved. Last, but not least, I need to give a personal thanks to my hubby, I know it's been emotionally difficult for him to do all of this, but he has been 100% and more supportive to me. I love you so much, sweetheart.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'd known how sensitive Brian was about his baby turning one, maybe I'd have skipped the cake smashing ceremony..... then again, I'm sure that a little frosting in the ear helped take his mind off the sadness.

Thanks for inviting us to the party. It was really fun. I hope Whitney enjoyed it!

Talbot Family said...

That wasn't a birthday party, it was a birthday Spectacular! Oh my stars, that looks like it was a blast. I loved the cakes, photo cut outs, games, what a blast! That is one majorly loved little girl!
p.s. Ilove that it sometimes takes tears to get husbands to actually help out. The tears work every time at my house, and let me tell ya, I use them often ;)

Nene said...

Too. Much. Fun! You sure know how to throw a party!!!

Aly said...

Looks like all of your efforts really paid off!!! Sorry that we weren't able to stay!!! I am glad that the cake worked out for you!!! You thanked me way too much....we did enjoy the Rio though:) What a beautiful day for yor precious baby girl!!!!

Tanya said...

such a fun party. and our pictures turned out hilarious. larkin had a blast with the pinata, and thanks again for tasia gift. i hope baby girls gift fit her. i never realize how big she actually is. maybe she can wear it as a bikini if its way too small:)

Maren said...

How fun is that?! Happy Birthday, beautiful baby girl.

Lauri said...

Wow! What a party! So, could I hire you to plan Emma's 2nd birthday party?lol. I had to laugh when I saw that cake, because I had one like that when I was little, with a blonde barbie, of coarse! Your friend did a great job!

Lupe Thomas said...

Chris looks like a fun party. I sure missed out. I'm still upset that I didn't make it. I love your kids and would do anything/everything for them. I'm just happy it turned out well and so proud of you.

Love you so much,
Lupe