Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just do it...

Well today was another Zumba class day. But this time I recruited my buddy, Britt. I had been talking about zumba this and zumba that to her and because I talked about it so much I think she got tired of hearing it from me, that she, "bless her heart," said she would like to try it out. The class went well, I of course felt like I was going to die, but my heart was still in it. On our way home, Britt asked me, if I'd felt any different from attending these classes. I have. Here are some differences since starting:
  • I don't get winded anymore when chasing my kids around
  • I don't huff and puff when going up a flight of stairs
  • My body doesn't ache like it used to
  • I actually love working out
  • I am more energetic than I was before I had my daughter
  • I love the challenge of setting a goal of a workout, like cardio or weights and the victory of actually finishing and looking forward with a "bring it on" attitude

Yes, I do have a lot more struggles still to overcome, but it's NEVER QUIT in my book. My biggest challenge for myself is getting over my own esteem monsters. I have this constant whisper in my ear that says "you'll never be good enough, Christie." And I know that that is a huge barrier that makes the goal for anyone that struggles with getting fit a lot harder to get. Like those who lose weight a lot faster are those who are the "I can" types. I am not that type, I need to be, but I'm not. What's worked for you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christie!!! Great seeing you and your friend yesterday. It's too bad you can't come on Saturdays!!! Hope she enjoyed the class!!!! Well, what works for me is taking it one day at a time. Also focusing on one thing until it's semi-mastered and then adding another. For example, first thing for me was cutting back and changing what I ate. Once I got that down, added the whole workout routine. But with everybody being different, you need to find what works for you! Good luck and see you around the gym!!! Keep it up, in no time you will see the results.

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Good Job Christie! Keep up the good work! I haven't been to the gym for a little while, just sick with baby #6... but as soon as I get over this morning sickness I'll be back!
Take care and I'll talk to ya later! :P

Anonymous said...

You were awesome at Zumba last night. I wanted to die, but I had to act tough. Ha ha!

That is one really ugly picture!

Aly said...

My gym has a Zumba class...I should probably try it!! Weight Watchers works for me...when I do it!! LOL!!!

Talbot Family said...

Way to go girl. You are becoming more fit and having fun, it's a win win.

Lauri said...

What is Zumba? I have done weight watchers also, and its worked really well for me!