His poor head coach, has had the ride of his life. As he was hired on, he was told that the football program was $7,000.00 in debt. Can you believe it? I couldn't. I couldn't even believe how he has kept his head high with all of the financial hullabaloo going on. But he must know that he's got great support from the local community, especially parents. My cousin, Quarter, took on the position of President, for the football booster club and has done an amazing job herself. Getting the team, parents and just the high school as a whole together, to build up the morale and respect that had be lost, due to past experiences. But we're working together, in getting sponsors, donations, whatever we can get to help get the program in the positive and on it's feet.
We're also putting things together to build up the school spirit. So my hubby, sister, friends and son have helped me put these things to hang up throughout the school. And to tell you the truth, it's a lot of fun. We are spending more time as a family, making posters and other stuff and with all the time we are together, we get more excited each week for games. Here are some photos of things we've done.
We are also having a Gift Basket Give-A-Way, during their homecoming game. I'm heading the whole basket shindig. And we've had a such great response from companies that have offered products from their company to make baskets. Like the Utah Jazz, BYU, U of U, Salt Lake Community College, Miche Bags, Accent Surfaces, Little Caesars Pizza, Great Harvest Bread Co. and so much more. I can't thank all those who've given so much to help with this fund raising project. But I will say how grateful I am for prayer, my hubby and I thought up this basket fund raising project and we knew that it was going to be a time consuming and patience testing ordeal. But after a lot of prayer and faith, we got more than what we had first hoped for. If you want something really bad, pray and see what happens.
9 comments:
Christie, You are AMAZING! It is people like you that really make a difference in this community! I am sure that your efforts will be appreciated for years to come! All of those posters are so cute...where are the cheerleaders in this? Aren't they in charge of doing things like that? It is so good of you to be such a big support for the school and the team:)
Christie... I am so impressed with everything you guys have done and are doing to help the HHS football program. It great to know that there are indeed people like you who truly care about the community, sometimes I feel like Hunter football doesn't get the recognition that it deserves by the city. You are amazing!
I'm impressed too. Wow. Way to serve.
Seven grand in debt? Sheesh! Not a fun way to start. I'm glad everyone is determined to turn it around. Now if we could only have a govt. willing to do the same thing with debt....
Wow that's such a nice picture! Thanks for taking it!
Your creativness is amazing girl! The signs look great! Reminds me
of Drill in HS...making those all the time for everything!
Ahhh
Well, hopefully we'll make it out to another game, Fui is fun to watch...we saw him at McDonalds last Thursday he was wearing his jersey (because the game was moved to Thursday)...lini leans out the window before fui was getting in his car and yells "Hunter Sucks, Go Granger!"... you should have seen Fui's face! Ha, until he realized it was just Lini...we all laughed! LOL!
I know Lini went to Granger, but I am not yet bias on either school because HEY, who knows where MY KIDS will go? hemmm?
Holy cow! Didn't know that either. Well, you've got our support and if there is anything we can do to help let us know. But, the posters are very creative.
kudos to you!! things like that do take much patience, most don't realize it until they are in those type of situations...so again, good for you guys and one will always find strength in prayer...I LOVE REAL DEAL'S, so if you get a chance, send me your email and i will send a extra 20% off coupon for the girls night out on oct 4th. Take care--
you called it, that's what i miss "mommy friends"....ugh, this is the first time in 8 yrs and 8 moves that i haven't been able to find some mommy friends that I can relate to, oh well, i'll get over it.....luv ya
I love football too! I miss high school football. Good for you for helping with all that stuff. Go Fui!
I told ken about the this post he was pretty surprised about the budget problems..but we both thought it was so nice that u are getting involved! GO HHS! ;)
Post a Comment