Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just like we've never been apart...

My hubby and I started dating when both he and I were attending the young single adults ward. And before he and I started dating, I had few friends that I used to hang out with nonstop and I call them my golden buddies. I would list all of them, but I think that there are too many to type out, but I'll give you a few names, there was Corinne, Cari, Mindy, Mike, Jimmy, Travis, Dave and I'll leave it at that.

My hubby and I, Corinne, Dave and their cute family, Jimmy, Mindy and their kids, Mike & Cari

Just like any other singles ward, we all had to come to a point and realization that we needed to go our separate ways and start our own lives with a spouse and kids and so on. Mike was the first to get married out of the boys and Mindy married Jimmy soon after. Then Corinne and Dave and you get the picture. I haven't seen these kids for about three years and I knew that Mike and his little family had moved out of state and I, of course, didn't keep in touch with all of them. There were exceptions of running into them at the store or something and it would usually be a quick hi and by. Corinne called me the other day and said that Mike was going to in town, for a show and that she wanted to get all of us "YSA wardians" together. And we did, we reminisced over the craziest things that had happened when we were all together. We laughed and laughed. It was hard to say goodbye to everyone. But I'm so grateful for these guys and I'm so grateful for this reunion. Let's not take too long to get together again, guys! And thanks Corn, for putting all of this together. You all are the best.

5 comments:

Meet the Queen said...

That was a lot of fun! Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm going to have to pull out and old picture and do a then and now.

Aly said...

How fun! Those kind of friends are the best...the ones that you can go a few years without seeing, and just pick up where you left off! What a great thing to see them again:)

Ane said...

It's always fun to get back in touch with old friends! I love your music list!

Maren said...

My husband and I are also products of a YSA ward. :)

Talbot Family said...

What a fun reunion. I love that you are movin' and shakin' and doing things with fun friends all the time!