Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family Home Evening with friends...

My hubby, our kids and I got together with some of our really good friends from our old ward for a Family Home Evening dinner. We went up in the canyons and were told that the area we wanted to go to was under construction. So we went to a city park instead. And with these guys, it doesn't matter where we are, they will make it fun for everyone. And FUN was what we had. Some had foil dinners, some had hot dogs, my hubby and I cheated and went to Cafe Rio and Wendy's(sorry my hubby got home too late for us to get anything together, and o.k., I love Cafe Rio, so there was no stopping me from going there), but the hit of the evening was Tanya and Jon's peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream. The cobbler was still warm, so oh my, it was mmm...mmm...good! Thanks T and Jon for getting us all together. We'll see you all at the next FHE.

Here are some photos taken of the families...

Jon & Tanya's family
Brian & Kelly's family
Kyle & Karly's family
Our little family
Brothers, who doesn't love smiles like these?
The Wifey's, always cute...
...the Hubby's, all tough and buff.
Brian and Kelly were being all lovey dovey, so I had to get a picture of them.
Then I needed to get one of everyone else. Here's T and Jon
Karly & Kyle, Kyle is my brother from another mother. We grew up in the same neighborhood, long time ago and didn't even know each other. But they're a blessing to have in our lives.
Me & my hubbs
Kyle & Karly's newest blessing
This is what you get after your kids have lost all their energy playing. Gotta love it baby!!!

7 comments:

Lynsie said...

Cafe Rio! That's my kind of get together food!
1. I don't have to cook it.
2. Everyone loves it.
3. It's delicious!
What a fun time you guys had. I love to get together with friends.

Kelly said...

I love it! I love that us and Snarrs have these transient kids that appear in each other's photos!

Anonymous said...

Hey you are awesome and the pics turned out so cute! Thanks for posting that up, I know you are terribly busy so thanks again. I was excited to copy the pictures; I love the "hubby" picture, they all look like their on something ha ha. I think the picture of us girls is so fun, I love it.
We definately need to get together again, we had a blast.

Erixgirl said...

Congrats on the newest addition! Thanks for stopping by our blog... it is so good to see your beautiful family!
We love the future Y football player!!

Talbot Family said...

What a blast. I love all of the things you did. I am glad that you have so many great friends near you. The pictures are great.

Nene said...

I love friends, old and new. What a great idea, getting together for FHE with friends. Gonna have to try that! Looks like a great night. And you can't go wrong with Cafe Rio!

Lauri said...

That looks so fun! Cute Pictures!