Sunday, October 19, 2008

My moms Garden of Eden...

Anyone who knows my mom, knows how much she enjoys working on her flower garden. Every year her flower bed is covered with flowers and people often compliment her on how wonderful her garden looks. Some even ask if she hires out. Usually my mom gets the usuals, petunias, pansies, roses, etc. But this year she bought dahlia bulbs and planted them. And boy did they grow! Here are a few photos I took, before the snow fell.

11 comments:

Lynsie said...

Those flowers are beautiful! You mom has done such an amazing job in her yard. I wish I could grow flowers like that without them dying.

Meet the Queen said...

Those are beautiful.

FYI, I was moments from calling you to see if your husband did plumbing, but decided he probably only did wood working. But if he is an all around handy man, do you think he can fix a squeaky clothes dryer?

Anonymous said...

Dahlias are my new favorite! I planted a bunch in my garden too and they bloomed like crazy. Your mom's garden looks beautiful!

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, Madelyn, and Luke said...

I'm going to plant those next year, they are beautiful! Do they like full sun?

Andrea F. said...

oh my .. her garden is beautiful!! i luv luv luv flowers!

The Barron's said...

I have always loved her flowers... she does an awesome job! My poor flowers would love her.

Maren said...

Veeeeerrry pretty. I wish I could get flowers to stay alive in my yard. Sad.
That blog header picture is awesome.

Kelly said...

These are gorgeous! Who needs to pay for Thanksgiving gardens, we could just go to your mom's house!!

Aly said...

Her garden is so beautiful. I remember asking about the Dahlias. So they come from a bulb? Do you plant them in the spring or fall?

Trish. said...

soo pretty! My mom is the exact same way, she loves planting in her garden. I wonder who they learned it from? Love you guys!

Talbot Family said...

I love Dahlia's they also attract butterflies and humming birds. That is one thing I miss about the fall, all the beautiful flowers.