Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blessings galore...

Do you remember when I posted about my brothers football coach and the debt that the football program was in? Then you would remember about the gift basket project we were working on. Well it happened and I gotta tell you, heading this whole Gift Basket Give-a-way has been a really faith testing, humbling and testimony building experience. My hubby and I gave the suggestion to my cousin, Quarter, the President of the booster club, and she gave us the go on doing so. It took us about a month to get it all together and of course, if you want something successful, you need to get others input and suggestions. We made a list of companies and people, who we thought, would be able to help us out. And to tell you the truth, I was a bit hesitant. I didn't want to have to go in and ask for donations or any help and be turned down and who does? But my hubby made it easier for me to do it anyway. He told me "honey, the first thing that you need to remember, is that the football team had nothing to lose in the first place and your doing this for them and you have nothing to lose either. So just go and know that, yea, there will always be more no's than yes', but to always have faith and keep on working."

So my faith and hope in others is what really sustained me in this project. I had first thought that if we even got ten baskets, we'd be doing well and ten baskets was my actual goal to get to. But before anyone knew it, we had surpassed our ten basket goal and found that we had received items to make fifteen then eighteen, then on and on. We ended up having THIRTY things to give away. I was an emotional wreck, just a couple of days before we had the basket bash. I want to list all the things that we had to give away and all those who helped us in getting these wonderful items.
  • Accent Surfaces-Cutting Boards Thank you to Darrin Campbell
  • Hawaiian Hut-20 lbs. of Corned Beef Thank you to Tupouniua Mataele
  • Mary Kay-Assorted Mary Kay Items Thank you to Dora Hill, Crystal Lyon, Christine Powell and Raven Montoya
  • Tesoro-$30.00 Gas Card Thank you to Wendy Hafen
  • Axe Men's Body Supplies-Shower gel, Deodorant & Body Spray Thank you to Wendy Hafen
  • Bath & Body Works-Pearberry & Japanese Blossom Body Lotions
  • Posh Frippery-Hunter color Window/Wall/Mirror Decals Thank you to Wendy(store owner)
  • Great Harvest Bread Company-2 twenty-five dollar gift baskets Thank you to the Kunz Family
  • V Chocolates-$50.00 Gift Basket Thank you to V Chocolates & Wendy Haffen
  • School Basket-Assorted Teacher Supplies
  • Two Fall Baskets-Assorted Treats, Ceramic Pumpkin, Kitchen Hand Towel Thank you to Gail Lord & the Loertscher Family
  • Hunter Basket-Sweatshirt/hoodie, T-shirt, License Plate Frame, Beanie & Face Tatoos Thank you to the Hunter High Football Staff
  • Bakers C&C-Three Pounds of Gourmet Chocolate Thank you to Bakers C&C Company
  • Alta Ski Resort-Two Area Day Lift Passes Thank you to the Hobbs Family
  • Little Caesar's Pizza-2 Family Meal Deals Thank you to the Lopez Family
  • University of Utah-4 T-shirts, Baseball Cap, Child Size Jersey signed by Matt Asiata Thank you to Matt &Tangi Si'i Asiata
  • Marie Callender's-$20.00 Gift Certificate Thank you to Spencer Olive
  • Mountain America Credit Union-Assorted MACU Items Thank you to Cindy Hobbs
  • Xango-Assorted Xango Items Thank you to Diane Lund
  • Scrapbook Basket-Assorted Scrapbook Items
  • Salt Lake Community College-Sweatshirt/hoodie, 2 T-shirts, Someone at SLCC loves me Teddy Bear Thank you to Steve Ferre and Vicki Mataele
  • Miche Bags-Black Handbag, Red Ellie Shell & Black Tiffany Shell Thank you to Michelle Romero & Amy Illum
  • Utah Jazz-Duffel Bag, Blanket, T-shirt, Two Baseball Caps, Mug, Sports Bottle, Kirileinko Bobble Head, Malone Bobble Head & Stool/Seat Thank you to Chris & Charla Hancuff
  • Hair Heaven Basket-Assorted Salon Products Thank you to Tanya's Salon
  • Meier & Marsh Professional Therapies-Two Thirty Massages/Dinner for Two for Cafe Rio or Cracker Barrel
  • Brigham Young University-Two T-shirts, Window Flag, Baseball Cap & Football Signed by the 2008 Football Team Thank you to Ray & Kassie Feinga
I don't even know where to begin on how grateful I am for all the support we've been given. It's been a true testimony to me that when you ask, you shall receive it. Everytime my hubby and I would have family prayer with our kids, my hubby would always ask our Heavenly Father to help us with this project and if it's not meant to be with some, that He would lead us to those places or people who could help. And that He did. I got more yes' than no's and seriously, I still can't believe it. But I do know with even a tiny bit of faith, you can make a huge difference. We were able to raise a little over $600.00 and to me that's a milestone. Because that's $600.00 that the team didn't have eariler that day. I also know that there is still so much to do to help get them back in the positive, but the only way to get there is to get to work. Thank you again to all who helped, with posters, handouts, calling, all of it. It would not have happened without you. To my dear sweet hubby, I know that he is most grateful that this is all over, but he has also been the one that's been the most supportive in me doing all of this. I love you so much honey, you are THE BEST!!! But most of all, thank you to our dear Heavenly Father. Nothing, none of this would not have happened without His o.k.. Thank thee for watching out for us!

8 comments:

Meet the Queen said...

I'm so glad this worked out for you. Your humble gratitude brought tears to my eyes. In simple terms, you rock!

Trish. said...

Hey Krissy,
I want to invite you to our blog! Email me your address, trishyp@gmail.com , your kids are sooo cute! Love you guys! Trish

Joe and Britt said...

Hey Girl,
This blog is darling! I love all the journaling you do and all the fun pics you've got. Your kids are beautiful, and getting so big! I can't believe how busy you are, and still going strong! What about those coug's? TCU is now this year's thorn in our side!!! Anyway, love ya and look forward to keeping up appearances :)

Nene said...

Wow! Just wow! You are amazing, and so are all the people who donated items!!!

Aly said...

WOW! That is so AMAZING! And just think Christie, it all started with you and your big heart and all that faith you have:)

~~*MeLinda*~~ said...

Girl, OMG, i have been dying to comment, just have been busy, but I'm glad that things have worked out for you....a few years ago, when we were still down in st george i had a similar task for tom's work and it was hard, but worked out in the end....however, they have put it on my shoulders again this year, and needless to say, i have been delaying it...your experience has brought another sense of hope for me to just get out and finish the deed....

I think i have been delaying it also, for the task at hand before was only for about 25 boys to wear this time around we have close to 65, which means more places to stop at and more donations to ask for....oh well, i do know that it will work out, but you're right, it's hard to hear NO and so, here i am blogging about it instead...anyhow, talk laters, luv ya

Maren said...

That is fantastic. I'm sure that the football program is so thankful for your service --the players can learn a lot from that too. Everybody gets blessed because of your efforts. Thank you.

Talbot Family said...

I am impressed at the support. Having run a program in a public school I am 1st shocked that they could get into that deep of debt without the administration freaking out and intervening, but 2nd then that they also could get that kind of support. Superb!