Thursday, December 25, 2008

From our home to yours...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
It was seven years ago, when we found out that my mom has a special heart. She and I were watching Princess Diaries, my mom was on her bed and I was laying on the floor next to her side of the bed. For those of you who have or haven't seen it, there is a part where Mia(Anne Hathaway) is wanting to run away, because the job of being a princess was too overwhelming. She found a letter that was written by her father, which he says to her "...courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.... The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all....the key is to allow yourself to make the journey..."(I love those words), after she reads the rest of the letter, she decides to go to the royal ball, it starts to rain and she gets into her mustang, which isn't working very well. Going up a steep road, her car dies and she starts to sing "Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away." It was then, that my mom raised her arm as if she were reaching out for something and said "Christie?" and then her arm dropped dead to her side. I quickly got up and looked at her and noticed she wasn't breathing and she wasn't responding to me, when I was calling out her name. I then yelled for my dad to get up, I said "dad, moms dead!" He got up and picked her up and took her to the car and then told me to call 911 and let them know about the situation. My heart stopped for a moment and I literally did not know where I was. As soon as I got all of my siblings together, we headed to the hospital, nothing was said, but just the sounds of sniffles. I couldn't bare losing my mom at Christmas time. I was THE worst child, I gave her the most havock and pain, and all I wanted to do, was to tell her sorry and that I really love her. I prayed more that day, than I ever have in my entire life. Heavenly Father answered our prayers and gave us our mother back. We found out that a normal heart beats about 55 to 80 beats a minute, my moms heart only beats about 40 a minute. We say she is a "handle with care" kind of person. But I'm so grateful that I still have her. This song came out the year before all of this happen, but I just never really listened or gave any attention to it. That was until, I almost lost my mom. That Christmas, my siblings and I bought my mom a pair of Christmas shoes and told her that they are only for when it is time for her to meet Jesus. Each Christmas is special for us, for we know that each Christmas we have her, it's a blessing for us to know that our Heavenly Father loves us.
This is my favoritest Christmas song

9 comments:

Lynsie said...

Oh Christie, that must have been so scary for you to go through. I'm so glad that your mom ended up being okay, and that she is still around for you and your family. Thanks so much for sharing that story. It really is a good example of how important it is to have faith.

Talbot Family said...

I can't listen to that song without bawling everytime. I am so glad that you still have your mom, I can't imagine anything more difficult than losing a parent at Christmas. Beautiful tree!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad that your mom is well. It must have been a really scary situation. We'll keep your family and your mom in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I actually just saw the movie "The Christmas Shoes" It is a heart wrencher. I like that song too, and I remember you telling me the story about your mom, I am so glad that she is still doing well. Hope you guys had an exciting Christmas. We had a nice Christmas and I hope to get my blog updated, we still have lots of family things going on that I haven't really had time to settle back into the swing of things, not to mention that my calling at this time is very busy, trying to get ready for the new year.

Erixgirl said...

How pretty that tree is!!! I'm jealous that your daughter was not scared of Santa. Cute pic of the kids with the Big Guy....our girls are a little bit chicken still!

Trish. said...

Aww.. loved the story, it brought tears to my eyes...Love the pretty tree too!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad your mom is ok! That must have been such a hard day for your family. I think the song is perfect! It brings out my sappy side every time I hear it.

coconutmama said...

Beautiful story. Your Mom is a special lady!

IONGI FAMILY said...

UR MOM IS TRULY A SPECIAL LADY!!! AND I LOVE THAT SONG TOO!!! TOTAL TEAR JERKER!!! I ALSO REMEMBER THAT MOVIE TOO!!!BLESS UR MOM SHES A GOOD LADY