Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thank heaven for ladies/craft night...




I really have to say, that I love ladies night, especially ones that are spontaneous. Like yesterday, Jessica, my "sister,"called and said that ladies/craft night was happening at her families home. Thanks to Charla, who thought up the great idea, I was able to finish the rest of my boards that I had signed up for Super Saturday. Like the other temple boards, I did, here are the rest of my Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas boards, I finally finished. Again, hooray for me. They are not the best, like Martha Stewart would do, but they're great to me.



It was great fun as well, cause they had a drawing for prizes and I got my name chosen as soon as my name was put in the basket. I chose this pad of printed paper. Cute huh!?!

Anyways, I heard a story from one of the girls there and she gave me permission to post it on my blog. She said that her husband, Colby, and she were one day teaching their son, Larsin, about the safety of his and everyones private parts of the body, mind you, Larsin is only three and being to potty trained. Going on, Tawni says that she was teaching Larsin that "we don't touch other peoples private parts." At this particular time, Tawni was changing her daughter, Tasha, when her son says "mommy are those Tasha's boobies?, " then he went to point at them, when Tawni quickly stopped his hand and said, honey we don't touch girls boobies, because if you do, they won't grow. Trying to teach a lesson in some other helpful, but different way for her son. Tawni's husband, Colby, then said "are you serious?, come here son, don't touch her." When Tawni told us, we thought that she was just telling us a clever way of teaching children about the importance of not touching others in places, we are not supposed to. She then goes on saying that the rest of the time after she had said that "if you touch them, they won't grow," her husband, VERY SERIOUSLY and cautiously, was making sure that no one or nothing touched their little girl's boobies. How great is that? You got to love stuff like this.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

i'm so glad you told me you had a blog. that "tawni" woman is some smart cookie! those cookies really are delish, and i told my hubby that you have a really strange story to tell him and the 7-11. he's a little suspicious but intrigued.

Missy said...

I love those boards! So cute...I want to make some!