So my day went kind of like this, oh wait, my day didn't really feel like it actually started, because the last couple of nights, I stayed up making "Mother's Day Corsages," for a girlfriend who had a huge order and for a couple others who had ordered one or two, but it did feel like my day never really began, cause of the few hours of sleep I have been blessed to have. Anyways, enough with that, this morning was great. I woke up at about 7:30 a.m. and was getting things ready for us to go to church, my husbands and sons church suits and mine and my daughters dresses. I also had to make a lei for Jackson Fisher, who is going to the Tulsa Oklahoma Mission. So needless to say I had a bit of a busy one. No there was no breakfast in bed, that was o.k. with me and because we have 11 o'clock church time, we had about almost two hours to kill and get things done for the rest of the day. My hubby and I were in charge of this months family home evening for the Rasmussen side, so he and I planned a few weeks ago, because the Sunday we usually have F.H.E. fell on mother's day, we felt it appropriate to make dinner for the whole family. His family is not huge at any degree, we only had fourteen people attend. That may sound like a lot. But coming from a Polynesian family, fourteen is tiny. Going on, we got all the preparations done, by the time we had to be at church. We were off to a good start. Then in our sacrament meeting, Jackson Fisher spoke on the Divine Nature of a Mother, in which he did a wonderful job. After the meeting had concluded, my sister and I went to the open house to meet with Jackson's sisters, Mindy, April, Cicily and Cami. It was awesome to reminisce on past times growing up(I'll post pictures of us later). After all the mingling, we came home and had a great dinner with my family, where I made shrimp and my mom loved it. As soon as we were done eating a little with my family, it was time to go to celebrate and have F.H.E. with my hubby's family. It was such a great get together, we gave a lesson on mother's called "Aren't we all mother's?." Then we had each person, other than the women, give a little tribute about the women in the family. There I gained a great respect and love for my mother-in-law, sister's-in-law and grandma-in-law. We then gave them each a gift and then had dinner. The whole day, as well as the weather, was lovely. Not only being blessed of goodly parents, but I have been blessed even more because of loving and giving in-laws. I love them so much. Here are some photos we took tonight.

Grandma Joan
Mom Marcia
Sister Tammy, ya that's her alright and we wouldn't change it for anything.
Sister Spring
and Sister Jill

Here we all are, grandma with her eyes closed
of course, I couldn't go without doing a funny one
and another funny one, sorry, couldn't help myself
I hope I don't seem vain, if I do, I apologize. But I took a picture of everything that I received for mother's day. I got a blouse, a pair of flip flops, a Subway
gift card, a beautiful "mother daughter" Willow Tree figurine, a Willow Tree jewelry box, three links for my bracelet and four beaded necklaces that belonged to my hubby's grandma when she was in her twenties. I loved it all. But the best blessing that I have for my mothers day, are my hubby and our kids. Wouldn't ask for anything more.
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day! What a loot, you lucky girl! I am catching up on your blog today, and noticed that we posted the same poems about being a mom. Great minds think alike, eh?
Post a Comment