Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Step by step...

It's official, my little girl is walking! I don't know if I can handle two very mobile kids, but I should be o.k., cause Heavenly Father won't give me anything that I can't handle, right? Right! Because walking isn't all of what happens in a little ones life. I know I have to face all the BIGGIES, ie.

  • Crawling
  • First tooth
  • First steps
  • First birthday
  • First day of school
  • Baptism
  • Young women/men-mutual
  • Sweet sixteen birthday
  • First date - Brian probably will worry more about this one than me
  • Graduation
  • Mission for my son(if my daughter wants to)
  • College
  • Finally, marriage - This will be both mine and my hubby's biggest worry, for both of our kids. As well as every parent, we hope that they marry someone who will do all and be all that our kids want and long for and our kids the same to who they marry. But more than anything, we pray that when the day is here that they will live Happily Ever After.
Believe me, my hubby and I very much enjoy our children now and cherish the times we have with them. And we CAN wait for all those biggies to come, because we know that they eventually will. We just look at each day as a blessing, no matter if the day is sunny or gray, we know we are blessed, because we have each other and I love every second of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe she's already a walker. You're in for it now!! Hee hee!

rosebud said...

You have a beautiful blog and family! I somehow clicked on you through Maren's blog (I think, I can't remember now), but I love wandering through occasionally!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Two kids walking... watch out!

Aly said...

Hey Christie!! Cute family and blog!! Thanks for commenting on mine...of course you can add us to your blog links:) This is so fun to keep in touch with everyone!! Thanks for letting me know about The Illums!!