Monday, May 26, 2008

What to do, what to do...

I have been racking my brain on what to do for my daughter's first and my hubby's thirtieth birthdays. For my little girl I think I have everything planned out o.k., except the menu.
  • Decorations - done
  • Invitations - done
  • Invitations addressed - done
  • Plateware & plasticware - done
  • Place to have the party - done
  • Games/activities - done
  • Food - not yet decided

For my hubby's big 3-0 surprise, I have the food all planned out, except everything else.

  • Decorations - not yet decided
  • Invitations - may look something like this

30

There's a birthday party,

your invited to show.

But don't tell Brian,

because he doesn't know.

So if you can make it,

here's a word to the wise.

Make sure you come early,

'cuz it's a surprise.

And then all the other information after.

  • Invitations addressed - still getting addresses
  • Plateware & plasticware - haven't decided on a theme
  • Place to have the party - not yet decided
  • Games/activities - not yet decided
  • Food - Barbeque(most likely)

So I'm in a pickle, because I have two birthdays going on that are about a month apart. If you have any suggestions please know that they are always welcome. And don't worry, my hubby doesn't blog very much, o.k. he only blogs with me, so he won't see this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me Brian doesn't read your blog because, if he does, you just ruined his surprise party!!!

For Nicky's first b-day, I made a big sign that said, "Happy Birthday, Nicky! We're WILD about you!" And we had a jungle theme. Joyful Mama helped me make a cake shaped like a snake (awesome), and all of the food had jungle names:
Elephant Specimen, Herbivore Delight, Piranha Dip, etc.
It was really fun and easy to come up with ideas, so if that sounds like something you want to do, let me know and I'll help you.
(I'll help you anyway, ok, and I'll see if I can think of a few other ideas for you)