Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Little wager: Week 5

O.k. we are not in our home by Mother's Day, but we still have the wager going. My hubby has textured the ceiling, that previously was the yucky popcorn ceiling from the 70's, thank goodness it's done, my hubby's so awesome. We are planning to paint all the walls upstairs this weekend, I'm so excited. I am still going to the fitness center every morning, cause if I don't make myself go before my kids get up, I won't ever make it. Anyways, today was my first experience with the aerobics class, Zumba, it's a latin dance/cardio class. I just call it, kick my butt class. It was fun, though the instructor kept asking "are you sweating yet?," she obviously was asking everyone else, but me, cause the way things were going for me, I looked like I just got out of the swimming pool with my workout clothes on. I don't like to use the word sweat, I usually prefer the word GLISTEN. And yes, I felt so good after coming out of the class. It did wake me up to a whole new world of how I need to get back in life to be in my kids lives, but all is well. I will return, regardless of how I will feel tomorrow. My friend Ash, once said about her experience with running/training for a marathon, that slow and steady wins the race. Thanks Ash. Because that is what keeps running in my mind while working out. It is amazing how life occupies us so much, that when we even get time to breathe, it's already time to go to bed, that's how it was for me at least. I've never felt closer to my kids and to my hubby and happier with myself til now and I know that everyone is different. But I also know it's a long road still, but with a lot of faith, prayer, and perseverence, I'll get there. So the beat goes on... until next time. Happy day to you.

3 comments:

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Good job to BRIAN,I remember those celings...we once had them too, but I was glad too when we got the popcorn OFF! If you need help painting...give me a call, I'm not sure what it is, but I love painting, guess it's the finished result makes ya feel a sence of accomplishment! And the house looks almost brand new with that new coat of paint!
It was nice seeing you @ the gym this morning...I've never done the ZAMBA class,afraid it will KICK my butt...But I'm down to try anything...intimidation or NOT right! You're lookin GREAT, keep it up! :P

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you for sticking with this. It's so hard to get up in the morning (or any other time of the day-but especially morning) and head to the gym. Keep up the good work!!! You're doing awesome!!

Maren said...

Of course I remember you! The last name threw me off for a minute.... You're practically famous, you know. I told the young women in my ward that the family and girl in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet grew up in my stake and that I went to school with you and remember that mustard colored shirt in jr. high. :)
You have an adorable family. I'm so glad that you all look happy and healthy. It's fun to check in.